We have provided specialty faux finishing services, and Victorian decorating treatments since 2002.
We specialize in small, typically ornate, historic projects, ranging from faux marble restoration, to plaster repairs, and gilding projects. You can see our efforts in the many pictures on this website. We also make custom-built gates, with thousands shipped since 2003. We were founded in 2002 business license here), in Washington DC. In 2006, due to the high operational costs of being based downtown, we relocated to Maryland. Our legal name in Maryland is Hebell LLC. Since 2006, we have shifted our efforts into two directions - first, our manufacturing facility ships ornamental wood gates under the Gates2U label. Our secondary mission is educating home decorators and do-it-yourselfers in the techniques for creating surfaces ideal for Victorian homes. We do this under the name established in Washington - "Urban Revivals".
While we seldom perform in-home contracting services any more, we currently:
- Distribute instructional materials on decorative painting techniques
- Sell how-to "recipe" oriented books to assist contractors on the job, complete with pictures and stepwise procedures
- Promote web and print-based media and content to encourage the decorative arts, specifically those in the Victorian Eastlake and Aesthetic style traditions
- Provide consulting support for residential projects with homes typically dating from 1885-1920
- Continue to ship hand-crafted pet and baby gates by Gates2U nationwide, as first featured in the Washingtonian Magazine (August 2004)
- Continue to develop unique ceiling tile finishes for faux tin ceilings
Sign Me Up!
Sign up for the Urban Revivals E-Newsletter!
Change your mind? To return to the main page, click outside this form.
Founded by engineer and artist,
For Victorian and Traditional Decors
Specializing in Three part Victorian papers, Embossed coverings, and Ceiling Treatments
Restoring, Ebonizing, Antiquing
Gilding, Faux Metals, Decorative Painting, Aged Plaster Finishes